Our Vision Statement
The Canandaigua City School District will lead and inspire a community of learners to fulfull their academic and creative potential.
Our Mission Statement
We demonstrate our commitment to the whole child by:
- Providing rigorous opportunities in academics, the arts, and athletics;
- Supporting the social, emotional, and developmental needs of all students;
- Maintaining a focus on character development; and,
- Engaging families and our community.
The boundary zigs and zags a lot, based on property lines. If you are considering moving here, don't forget to check with us at 585-396-3725 to make sure a particular address is within the district. With few exceptions, you must be a resident of the district to send children to us.
In 2012, the Canandaigua City School District utilized a NYSERDA grant to fund a solar energy capital project. This project consisted of the installation of solar panel arrays on the roofs of three school buildings -- Academy, Middle School and Primary School.
- The energy produced by these panels is fed directly to each building’s electrical panel, reducing each building’s draw on the community electrical grid and lowering the District’s overall costs for electricity service.
- Canandaigua Academy offers over 200 distinct courses
- 15 Advanced Placement courses
- 18 college-level and 3:1:1 courses in coordination with Finger Lakes Community College and Rochester Institute of Technology
- International Baccalaureate Programme
- Gifted and talented program
- Canandaigua Middle School named a National School of Character in 2015
- Extensive technology use, including individual Chromebook devices for each student in Gr. 1-12 . Ipads for students in Kindergarten.
- Five classes of Universal Pre-Kindergarten on campus
- Full day kindergarten
- A range of academic and support services aimed at early identification of academic issues.
- A wide array of in-district special education services
- Award-winning performing arts opportunities
- Resource-rich libraries and library websites. The Academy site is an “International Best of the Web” and the Middle School Library is the 2016 Rochester region School Library of the Year