The Canandaigua City School District believes in building a community rooted in inclusion and love, where everyone recognizes the active role they play in educating our students and helping them find a sense of purpose in life.
The Canandaigua City School District is dedicated to creating enriched, world-class educational experiences that engage all learners, foster meaningful exploration, and empower our school community to have their voices heard.
Enhance Organizational Systems & Practices to Improve Teaching & Learning
Continuously Improve District Operations
Cultivate an Equitable & Inclusive School Environment
- Canandaigua Academy has a 95% Graduation rate
- Canandaigua Academy offers over 200 distinct courses 15 Advanced Placement courses
- Gifted and talented program
- Canandaigua Middle School named a National School of Character in 2015
- Extensive technology use, including individual Chromebook devices for each student in Gr. 1-12 . Ipads for students in Kindergarten.
- Five classes of Universal Pre-Kindergarten on campus
- Full day kindergarten
- A range of academic and support services aimed at early identification of academic issues.
- A wide array of in-district special education services
- Award-winning performing arts opportunities
- Resource-rich libraries and library websites. The Academy site is an “International Best of the Web” and the Middle School Library is the 2016 Rochester region School Library of the Year
18 college-level and 3:1:1 courses in coordination with Finger Lakes Community College and Rochester Institute of Technology
International Baccalaureate Programme