Instructions for Windows - Remote Access
1. Determine the type of Windows Operating System you are using, 32-bit version or 64-bit version. To do this go to your computer Control Panel, click on System.
2. Once you have determined your system type, you are ready to download the Horizon View Client. Click the Download Client button (found on our website).
3. Once there, click the Go to Downloads link that corresponds to your operating system.
4. You will be taken to a second page to verify the client version. Verify that the latest version is selected, click the Download.
5. Once the file has been downloaded, open it to install the VMware Horizon View Client.
6. Once the installation begins, follow the prompts to install the View Client onto your computer.
7. The Default View Connection Server is: view.canandaiguaschools.org
8. Continue to Install and Finish.
9. Once installed, double click VMware View Client to launch the application.
10.Enter your User Name and Password (your school login).
11.Select Canandaigua from the Domain drop-down menu. Then click Login.
12.Select your desktop (Canandaigua City School District is your normal desktop).
13.When you are finished working on your school desktop, select Start and Log Off to exit VMware View.