District Safety Plan
Use the Safe School Helpline to report threats of violence, suicide and illegal activity that could harm students in our schools.
Your call is private, confidential, and anonymous!
Call: 1-800-4-1-VOICE ext. 359
Text: 66746, TIPS
Or report online, see below.
- Implementing Safety Procedures
- Safety Drills - Practiced throughout the school year with assistance from law enforcement
- Safety Measures and Precautions at the Canandaigua City School District
- District Wide and Building Intervention Team (BIT)
- What resources are available to support families
- What should I do if I believe there is a threat?
- Support Helplines - Confidential - Free - 24/7
- School Safety Presentation
New York State Education Law mandates that each school district post its general Safety Plan when it is revised and/or adopted each year. The current plan for the 2020-2021 school year was adopted on July 1, 2021, by the Canandaigua Board of Education. The new plan will not be adopted until July 7, 2022 by the Canandaigua Board of Education. Canandaigua City School District's Safety Plan