2019-2020 School Calendar
The Canandaigua City School District Board of Education approved next year's 2019-2020 school year calendar on March 11, 2019. Families can plan around this schedule. It is comprised of a scheduled total of 182 student school days. Highlights include:
- All Varsity & JV Sports practices begin on Monday, August 19, 2019.
- The Kindergarten Orientation Bus Ride will be Thursday, August 29, 2019. Incoming kindergarteners and their parents/guardians will be picked up at their regular bus stop at the normal morning pickup time and come to school to explore their new classrooms and meet their teacher.
- School will begin on Thursday, September 5, 2019 for students in Grades 1-12.
- A Superintendent's Conference Days for district staff will precede the opening of school on September 3 and 4.
- Kindergarten and UPK students will begin regular classes on Friday, September 6, 2019.
- Homecoming will be Friday & Saturday, September 20-21, 2019. The Homecoming Parade and football game will be on Saturday, September 21 at Evans Field.
- The District's mandated Emergency Drill will be held on Friday, October 11, 2019 This will be a half day early dismissal for all students, K-12. Students will practice building evacuation procedures prior to early dismissal. Faculty will have afternoon staff development workshops.
- There will be no school on Monday, October 14, 2019 when Columbus Day is observed.
- There will be no school on Monday, November 11, 2019, for observance of Veterans Day. Canandaigua Treaty Day is November 11.
- Thanksgiving Break will run from November 27-29, 2019. School will resume on Monday, December 2.
- Primary-Elementary School students have a half day on Friday, December 6 and Friday, December 13 for parent conferences.
- December's Holiday Recess will be two weeks long. Recess runs from Monday, December 23, 2019 through Friday, January 3, 2020. School will resume on Monday, January 6, 2020.
- School resumes on Monday, January 6, 2020.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is Monday, January 20, 2020. There will be no school.
- New York State Regents examinations are scheduled for January 21-24, 2020. K-8 students will have normal school days during this week, but CA students report for Regents exams only.
- There will be a half Superintendent's Conference Day on January 31, 2020. This will be a half day early dismissal for all students, K-12.
- Winter Break will be February 17-21, 2020. School will resume on Monday, February 24.
- There will be a Superintendent's Conference Day on Friday, March 13, 2020 for Staff Development workshops. No school for students.
- Spring Break will be from April 6-10, 2020. School will resume on Monday, April 13, 2020.
- Easter Sunday is April 12.
- There will be no school in honor of Memorial Day on Friday, May 22 and Monday, May 25.
- New Frameworks Regent Exam in United States History & Government (for 11th graders) will be Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
- Regents examinations at the Academy are scheduled for June 17-25, 2020.
- The last day for students in grades K-8 is tentatively scheduled for June 25, 2020, and anticipated to be an early dismissal day. The last day of school is contingent upon the number of snow days the district has incurred. If the district's legal attendance requirements have been met, students in K-8 may not attend a full day the last two days of the school year.
- Faculty & Staff will have staff development activities on June 26, 2020 (tentative depending on last day of school)
- The CA Class of 2020 Commencement date has not yet been determined. Due to scheduling issues in the C-MAC facility, the District will not know the exact date of Commencement until March-April, 2020. The uncertainty is due to the need to keep the facility available in late June for concert bookings, which are finalized by early March in most years. The District thanks the Board of Directors of C-MAC for allowing continuing use of the C-MAC facility for Academy Commencement exercises.