2018-2019 School Calendar
The Canandaigua City School District Board of Education approved next year's 2018-2019 school year calendar on March 22, 2018. Families can plan around this schedule. It is comprised of a scheduled total of 182 student school days. Highlights include:
- All Varsity & JV Sports practices begin on Monday, August 13, 2018.
- The CA LINK CREW Orientation Day for incoming students at the Academy will be Thursday, August 23, 2018.
- The New Entrant Family Picnic, for families new to the Canandaigua City School District, will be on Monday, August 27, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. on the Primary-Elementary School front lawn.
- The Middle School Visitation Day for 7th & 8th graders will be Wednesday, August 29, 2018. Grade 8 will be 9-10:30 a.m.; Grade 7 will be 10-11:30 a.m.
- The Kindergarten Orientation Bus Ride will be Thursday, August 30, 2018. Incoming kindergarteners and their parents/guardians will be picked up at their regular bus stop at the normal morning pickup time and come to school to explore their new classrooms and meet their teacher.
- School will begin on Wednesday, September 5, 2018 for students in Grades 1-12.
- A Superintendent's Conference Days for district staff will precede the opening of school on September 4th.
- Kindergarten and UPK students will begin regular classes on Friday, September 7, 2018.
- Homecoming will be Friday & Saturday, September 21-22, 2018. There will be a CA Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Dinner & Ceremony on Friday, September 21st. The Homecoming Parade and football game will be on Saturday.
- The District's mandated Emergency Drill will be held on Friday, October 5, 2018. This will be a half day early dismissal for all students, K-12. Students will practice building evacuation procedures prior to early dismissal. Faculty will have afternoon staff development workshops.
- There will be no school on Monday, October 8, 2018 when Columbus Day is observed.
- There will be no school for students on Friday, October 26, 2018. A Superintendent's Conference Day has been scheduled. All staff will report for professional development workshops.
- There will be no school on Monday, November 12, 2018, for observance of Veterans Day. Canandaigua Treaty Day is November 11th.
- Thanksgiving Break will run from November 21-23, 2018. School will resume on Monday, November 26th.
- Primary-Elementary School students have a half day on Friday, November 30 for parent conferences.
- Primary-Elementary School students have a half day on Friday, December 7 for parent conferences.
- December's Holiday Recess will be two weeks long. Recess runs from Monday, December 24, 2018 through Friday, January 4, 2019. School will resume on Monday, January 7th.
- School resumes on Monday, January 7, 2019.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is Monday, January 21, 2019. There will be no school.
- New York State Regents examinations are scheduled for January 22-25, 2019. K-8 students will have normal school days during this week, but CA students report for Regents exams only.
- Winter Break will be February 18-22, 2019. School will resume on Monday, February 25th.
- There will be a Superintendent's Conference Day on Friday, March 15, 2019 for Staff Development workshops. No school for students.
- NYS ELA testing for Grades 6-8 will be Tuesday & Wednesday, April 2-3, 2019. Testing will be computer-based for all students.
- NYS ELA testing for Grades 3-5 will be Thursday & Friday, April 4-5, 2019. Testing will be computer-based for all students.
- Spring Break will be from April 15-19, 2019. School will resume on Monday, April 22, 2019.
- Easter Sunday is April 21st.
- NYS Math testing for Grades 6-8 will be on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 and Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Testing will be computer-based for all students.
- NYS Math testing for Grades 6-8 will be on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Testing will be computer-based for all students.
- NYS Math testing for Grades 3-5 will be on Thursday & Friday, May 2-3, 2019. Testing will be computer-based for all students.
- NYS Science Lab Testing in Grades 4 & 8 will be held May 22-31, 2019.
- There will be no school on Memorial Day Monday, May 27, 2019.
- NYS Science Written Testing in Grades 4 & 8 will be on Monday, June 3, 2019.
- New Frameworks Regent Exam in Global History & Geography II (for 10th graders) will be June 3, 2019.
- Regents examinations at the Academy are scheduled for June 18-25, 2019.
- The last day for students in grades K-8 is tentatively scheduled for June 25, 2019, and anticipated to be an early dismissal day. The last day of school is contingent upon the number of snow days the district has incurred. If the district's legal attendance requirements have been met, students in K-8 may not attend a full day the last two days of the school year.
- Faculty & Staff will have staff development activities on June 26-27, 2019 (tentative depending on last day of school)
- The CA Class of 2019 Commencement date has not yet been determined. Due to scheduling issues in the C-MAC facility, the District will not know the exact date of Commencement until March-April, 2019. The uncertainty is due to the need to keep the facility available in late June for concert bookings, which are finalized by early March in most years. The District thanks the Board of Directors of C-MAC for allowing continuing use of the C-MAC facility for Academy Commencement exercises.