The mission of the Physical Education Department
is to play an essential role in the development of students by engaging in and understanding the importance of personal health, lifetime fitness, recreation and sport through necessary physical, social, emotional and cognitive skills.
- Physical Education creates an authentic learning experience of a wide variety of physical skills which fosters an appreciation for lifelong fitness.
- Physical Education promotes an appreciation and understanding of a safe and healthy environment.
- Physical Education promotes knowledge of community resources available to continue pursuing lifelong physical activity.
As a result of their participation in the Canandaigua Physical Education program, students will be able to independently…..
- Stay active and healthy throughout their lifetime.
- Develop skills and strategies in the areas of cooperation, teamwork and fair play.
- Thoughtfully engage in problem solving and positive decision making.
- Develop an appreciation for rules, concepts and strategies through activity and authentic game play.
- Apply skills learned to real life experiences.